Studio

I find it really interesting how artists take completely different approach and choose diverse style of working. Currently I a have a fine art space myself and it is extremely interesting to see how artists work. Some are really annoyed by the noise (even music) and don’t really like to be asked anything which working. Others enjoy community and talking about their upcoming work. Artist’s studio is a very intimate space in my opinion. Even it is an open space or a shared studio it is still a place of creation and deep emotions and thoughts. I find it fascinating to see how painters set their space up for work and how they find ideas and inspiration in other types of art, like a ballet or literature, music and even cookery.

In the library I have found a documentary about Frank Auerbach, who is a German-British painter. He was born in Germany, he has been a naturalised British citizen since 1947. It is known that there are a specific people visiting the painter for a really long time and pose for his portraits. I have found out that some of them been posing at specific times of the week for about 20 years. This is one of the most fascinating examples I have found. I think that it shows how energy of the painter and his approach towards work interest people around him. He asked them if they were reliable people and they been along his side helping him producing art for such a long time!

The artist lives alone at Camden studio in London and works all year long with absolutely no days off!! I think it is an absolutely incredible example of artist being “in the zone”. I came across this term while reading the article about “creative process in the world of creative people”.

“Being in the zone implies increased focus and attention which allow for higher levels of performance…”